- What inspired you to start writing generally?
Answer: As a teenager, I read many literature books, poems and novels; both academic and non-academics, such as Gulliver travel, things fall, weep not, Felicia etc, I also love to watch movies, I use to write a lot of poems and touching fictitious stories, often people around me will remark that one day you will be a writer. So this inspired me that someday I will be an author.
2. What inspired you to write your first book?
Answer: Whenever I give a talk to either group or individuals, such as training sessions or preached in the church, people often come to me privately for counselling and will advise why, don’t you put this in a book for the next generation as a guide.
3. Tell us about your first published book? What was the journey like?
Answer: Well, I kept wishing and hoping to write a book someday. As destiny would have it, One day i came across Mr. Remi Diaro on a platform for writers, in December 2020, he became my coach and motivator. The book project was supposed to be completed within three months but there were challenges here and there, eventually, the book was launched on the 7th of November 2021.
4. How do you develop your plot and characters?
Answer: The plot and characters were developed from incidents that took place in my life. It is a narrative and a dialogue.
5. How did you come about the book title?
Answer: “Steam from the cold” I needed something that was catchy and thought-provoking, so with the guide of my mentor and coach I was able to come up with the title.
6. Where do you get your inspiration for this book?
Answer: From reading novels, listening to messages and watching movies with life experiences.
7. What were the key challenges you faced when writing this book?
Answer: Not knowing how to start, putting down the ideas, worrying whether the story is good enough, sitting down for hours, brainstorming, editing, rewriting, time and resources.
8. What do you like to do when you are not writing?
Answer: Reading, cooking, teaching and watching movies.
9. Are you working on anything at the present you would like to share with your readers?
Answer: Yes, I am working on a book titled “Broken cedar”. This has to do with family ties being torn apart because of different philosophies of life.
10. What is that thing that makes your writing unique and different from others?
Answer: Hum, because it is written from the heart, the story is captivating, it is self-tutoring with one or more lessons of life to gain, it is inspiring and Godly.
STAY UPDATED FOR PART II